“…Partnering with Families to Make Disciples Who Exalt Jesus Christ.”
WELL… IT’S AN INTERESTING SEASON FOR GATHERING IN PERSON!
SUMMIT KIDS is a ministry for ages nursery through 5th grade that combines both large group teaching with small group application… when not in a pandemic, that is.
Typically you’d find several check in stations in the lobby where you can securely check-in your children before our 10AM worship begins. At the close of our worship service, you’d stop by a check-in station, once more, to print out a check-out slip before heading to your child’s room for pick-up.
BUT… the COVID19 pandemic has required us to adapt the way we help families make disciples of their children.
Currently, we’re asking families to worship together for our entire 10AM Sunday services. This is a good thing! It gives our Summit Kids the opportunities to see their parents – and other families- worshiping Jesus, learning His Word and encouraging one another to trust and follow Jesus.
Here’s how we can help YOU, parents!
1. Your kids are a BLESSING to us. They are an important part of our church family and God gives them gifts to encourage all of us. Don’t worry about the noise they might make, or the inevitable “wiggling” in their sits they’ll perform. Need to take them for a walk at some point? You can watch and hear the service in our lobby, so feel free to take advantage of that resource if you need it!
2. We’re providing you with a weekly KIDS BULLETIN that you kids can work on during the service. (see the button on this page?) These will be printed and available in the lobby before services.
3. Our teaching pastors are continually working hard to find ways to engage the kids in our services. It’s a learning curve for all of us, but we’re committed to equipping the whole family for the work of ministry. Pray for us as we strive for this!
WHAT IS SUMMIT KIDS ALL ABOUT?
We’re committed to rallying around families to help equip them to practically live out their faith in Jesus. Since God has called parents to be the primary spiritual caregivers in the home, we, as a church, have the privilege of partnering with parents in teaching their children Biblical truths.
We do this in three ways:
1) Providing material from Sunday morning Kids Ministry for parents to utilize at home throughout the week.
2) Incorporating regular family ministry events that purposefully engage children and adults.
3) Maintaining small groups that welcome families to participate together while focusing on making disciples of both the parents and the children.
Families are an integral part of our church culture because God calls us His family. We welcome you to come, see, and experience our passionate heart for the glory of Jesus Christ in your family!
Pastor Charles and Kallie Kirby
Teaching Pastor, Family & Children's Pastor
Our passion in this ministry to families and children is seeing all people know and love the Lord Jesus Christ. This page is designed to give you an overview of the ministry and some snapshots of what’s happening. Feel free to get in contact with me for further information through email or by calling 616-786-2233.
Interested in Helping?
If you are interested in getting involved in our children’s ministry, please click on the provided buttons to learn more about volunteering in Summit Kids’ Ministry and applying to volunteer!
Questions about Summit Kids?
Contact Charles Kirby at 616-786-2233 or email@example.com
& Office Times
Mondays - Thursdays 9am - 4pm